Learning Skills Vision Statement
The Learning Skills program views learning as a life-long process. Students, regardless of their perceived capabilities, are able to learn, grow and develop at all stages of their academic career. We support this vision by providing students, staff, and faculty services to enrich, enhance, and facilitate the learning experience.
Learning Skills Specialists can help you:
- Learn challenging material
- Manage you time more effectively and efficiently
- Recognize important information in a textbook or lecture
- Manage stress and anxiety
- Study for and take tests successfully
- Plan research projects and papers
The Learning Skills program provides support to the campus community in the following ways:
- Individual appointments focus on your specific needs. Appointments last 30 minutes and free.
- To schedule an appointment: Call 562.985.5350 or visit The Learning Center to schedule your appointment.
- Walk-ins are also available: Tuesdays 1-4, Wednesdays 9-12, and Fridays 9-12
Workshops for Classes/Organizations
- CSULB faculty, staff, clubs, and organizations can request workshops for their class or group.
- Workshops are free and can be tailored to your class or group's needs.
- We do ask that a faculty and/or staff member is present during the workshop for supervision purposes.
- To schedule a workshop contact Jennifer Luarca at 562.985.5350 or e-mail Jennifer.Luarca@csulb.edu .