Learning Skills Vision Statement
The Learning Skills program views learning as a life-long process. Students, regardless of their perceived capabilities, are able to learn, grow and develop at all stages of their academic career. We support this vision by providing students, staff, and faculty services to enrich, enhance, and facilitate the learning experience.
Learning Skills Specialists can help you:
- Learn challenging material
- Manage you time more effectively and efficiently
- Recognize important information in a textbook or lecture
- Manage stress and anxiety
- Study for and take tests successfully
- Plan research projects and papers
The Learning Skills program provides support to the campus community in the following ways:
- Individual appointments focus on your specific needs. Appointments last 30 minutes and free.
- Hours: Learning Specialists generally work from 9-5 Monday - Thursday and 9-12 Friday. Evening hours are available by request. *hours vary during summer months
- Make an appointment: Call 562.985.5350 or visit the Learning Assistance Center to schedule your appointment.
Workshops for Classes/Organizations
- CSULB faculty, staff, clubs, and organizations can request workshops for their class or group.
- Workshops are free and can be tailored to your class or group's needs.
- To schedule a workshop contact Jennifer Luarca at 562.985.5350 or e-mail Jennifer.Luarca@csulb.edu .
Assess Your Learning Style
Take this assessment to determine your learning style and to get some quick study tips that will help your better retain information.
Tips for "Studying on the Go" (pdf)
Tips for Success in Problem-Solving Courses (pdf)
Time Management (doc)