1949 →1959 On September 28, 1949, Los Angeles-Orange County State College began its first day of classes. One hundred and sixty students were enrolled for the first semester with thirteen full-time faculty. Classes convened in a converted apartment building at 5381 E. Anaheim where the foundation of our pride and traditions all began.
Noted architect Edward Killingsworth and landscape architect Edward Lovell created innovative master plans for the new college that led to the campus being considered one of the most beautiful in the Cal State system.
Moreover, community residents joined the "Peach Corps" to pay for flowering peach trees that continue to grace the campus with their colorful pink blooms each spring.